New Features - Nuove Caratteristiche

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8DeviceAgent
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al PC8DeviceAgent
simone
Site Admin

Re: New Features - Nuove Caratteristiche

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 am HI,
Yes I Will lige to have some more detIls on this auto FTP thanks.
Have you sene my otter post about latest DA and FW test?
Br. Morten
The FTP in the production firmware is based on 4 minutes Power(this value becomes from the track). 4 minutes is a really good indicator.
The question is that is not super accurate specially for endurance: you can have good 4 minutes but after that the Power can drop a lot.
If you have a look of the critical power chart of 2 different riders you can have the same 4 minutes power but the sprinter has hight values on short time and the climber the opposite.
In the new firmware (the one you are riding now) we monitor by a slinging window mechanism all 30sec, 4min and 16 minutes. For each rides, realtime for each second.
This allow the PC8 to manipolate data and have also short and long power spectrum.
Note that 16 minutes is a really long time since means 16 minutes wide open gas! And is not super common during the train/race.
All those 3 parameters are related to the date you got the best XXXCP and as soon ad those parameter are increased the FTP in increased too or, if they go out of scope (4 weeks) they will be re-integrated by the second best value. This is all inside the PC8.
FTP is based on W'.
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

ebalog

Post by ebalog »

simone wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 am
ebalog wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:31 am Ahh... I found this post regarding new features: http://www.srmservice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

However, TrainingPeaks synchronization does not work for me with firmware 2.5.2, even though authorization was successful.

Thank you!

=======
Hello!
Is the synchronization to TrainingPeaks working?

I have successfully used the new firmware and Device Agent to upload to Strava and send via email. However, although the TrainingPeaks account is authorized, the file is not uploaded to TrainingPeaks.

I searched the forum but cannot find other reference to TrainingPeaks.

Thank you!
please de-auth from the DeviceAgent and re-auth again to get a new token. Than try
I will try for tomorrow's workout.

Thank you.
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

simone wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:24 pm
Br. Morten
The FTP in the production firmware is based on 4 minutes Power(this value becomes from the track). 4 minutes is a really good indicator.
The question is that is not super accurate specially for endurance: you can have good 4 minutes but after that the Power can drop a lot.
If you have a look of the critical power chart of 2 different riders you can have the same 4 minutes power but the sprinter has hight values on short time and the climber the opposite.
In the new firmware (the one you are riding now) we monitor by a slinging window mechanism all 30sec, 4min and 16 minutes. For each rides, realtime for each second.
This allow the PC8 to manipolate data and have also short and long power spectrum.
Note that 16 minutes is a really long time since means 16 minutes wide open gas! And is not super common during the train/race.
All those 3 parameters are related to the date you got the best XXXCP and as soon ad those parameter are increased the FTP in increased too or, if they go out of scope (4 weeks) they will be re-integrated by the second best value. This is all inside the PC8.
FTP is based on W'.
HI,

Thanks,
What is XXXCP ?
Is it possible to choose now, or change over what time period you want the FTP shall be calculated.
Example 4min or 16min ?
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am
Br. Morten
FTP is based on W'.
HI,

Thanks,
What is XXXCP ?
Is it possible to choose now, or change over what time period you want the FTP shall be calculated.
Example 4min or 16min ?
XXXCP where XXX is 30 secs, 4 min or 16 mins.
The number of weeks we consider for the FTP calculation is fixed right now.
Ing. Simone Stilli

RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

simone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:54 pm
RasmussM wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am
FTP is based on W'.
HI,

Thanks,
What is XXXCP ?
Example 4min or 16min ?

Ok, Can See there is a new FW, so have Update my PC8 and I Will test tomorrow are there Any special thimg to look for?

/Morten
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:09 pm
RasmussM wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am HI,
Thanks,
What is XXXCP ?
Example 4min or 16min ?
Ok, Can See there is a new FW, so have Update my PC8 and I Will test tomorrow are there Any special thimg to look for?
/Morten
super!
main features are the Training Peaks upload and the PC8 capability to catch presence of updates by WiFi when you upload files.
But to see this we need to build another firmware since this one is the most updated :-)
Ing. Simone Stilli

benwils

Post by benwils »

Upload to Training Peaks is now working. Great work, thanks
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

benwils wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:34 pm Upload to Training Peaks is now working. Great work, thanks
You welcome! 8-)
Ing. Simone Stilli

RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

simone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:18 pm
/Morten
super!
main features are the Training Peaks upload and the PC8 capability to catch presence of updates by WiFi when you upload files.
But to see this we need to build another firmware since this one is the most updated :-)
Great, just tested the TP upload, and it works by both WiFi and DA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm
simone wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:18 pm
/Morten
super!
Great, just tested the TP upload, and it works by both WiFi and DA.
SUUUUUPER! :lol:
Ing. Simone Stilli