PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
Sorvoll

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by Sorvoll »

I have today connected the PC8 to my PowerTap P1-pedals. Normally I use my Garmin Edge 820 together with my PowerTap-pedals. It was easy to connect the PC8 and the pedals, and it worked to set the crank-arm length. I took a short test ride and all data seemed to be correct.
Attila

Re: PC8 firmware - feature request

Post by Attila »

OlyEST wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 pm I would like to request the option when choosing power zones/level on PC, or in SRMX software, to choose Coggan iLevels.

Seems this would benefit both coaches and self-coached athletes alike.

More information on iLevels can be found here:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/arti ... ls-in-wko4

and here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTYE1VZewgc

thanks,
You will have to do this manually as iLevels auto updates in WKO4 and is not syncable to SRMX. Though this would be nice if it could be done.
gazario

Post by gazario »

Ho effettuato ieri sera l'upgrade del DA alla release 2.3.219 e del PC8 alla release 2.5.2 e tutto ha funzionato correttamente.
Oggi ho effettuato l'uscita con il PC8 in release 2.5.2 e non ho riscontrato alcun problema, a parte il tempo impiegato dal GPS a registrarsi, non maggiore però al tempo impiegato precedentemente.
Ora ho scaricato la release 2.5.3. La procedura è andata a buon fine. Vediamo domani come funziona.
Buona serata
Gianandrea
Sorvoll

Post by Sorvoll »

I have tested PC8 with Rotor 2InPower and it connects without problems. Calibration was done from the meny without any problems and the data from my short test-ride looked correct.
Simon2016

Post by Simon2016 »

This firmware download did not work for me.
Downloaded to 2016 MacBook Pro.
Computer said download was complete.
But there is no difference in my SRM software- new icon does not appear at bottom of SRM DA.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Simon2016 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:23 pm This firmware download did not work for me.
Downloaded to 2016 MacBook Pro.
Computer said download was complete.
But there is no difference in my SRM software- new icon does not appear at bottom of SRM DA.
Sorry but firmware has nothing to do with SRM software! Please check your firmware version in the PC8.
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

gazario wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm Ho effettuato ieri sera l'upgrade del DA alla release 2.3.219 e del PC8 alla release 2.5.2 e tutto ha funzionato correttamente.
Oggi ho effettuato l'uscita con il PC8 in release 2.5.2 e non ho riscontrato alcun problema, a parte il tempo impiegato dal GPS a registrarsi, non maggiore però al tempo impiegato precedentemente.
Ora ho scaricato la release 2.5.3. La procedura è andata a buon fine. Vediamo domani come funziona.
Buona serata
Gianandrea
Grazie.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Sorvoll wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:41 pm I have tested PC8 with Rotor 2InPower and it connects without problems. Calibration was done from the meny without any problems and the data from my short test-ride looked correct.
Thanks!
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Sorvoll wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 pm I have today connected the PC8 to my PowerTap P1-pedals. Normally I use my Garmin Edge 820 together with my PowerTap-pedals. It was easy to connect the PC8 and the pedals, and it worked to set the crank-arm length. I took a short test ride and all data seemed to be correct.
Good.
Ing. Simone Stilli

robterli

Post by robterli »

Ciao Simone. Anche io ho installato l'ultimo aggiornamento sia del DA che del firmware. Nessun problema rilevato. Devo dire che nel mio caso anche l'acquisizione dei satelliti è molto veloce... ho notato che diventa più lenta solo nel caso di un'uscita su strada effettuata successivamente ad un allenamento indoor (quindi solo dopo aver bloccato la ricerca dei satelliti).
Grazie