PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
robterli

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by robterli »

simone wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 am
RasmussM wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:03 pm Today I did some test with the new PC8 FW.
First test was with my Cannondale Srm PM, that was working perfect.
Then I tested with my Stage PM I have on my mountainbike I was connected to the PM and Battery status was OK, but it was not possible to make a calibration on the PC8.
when I was riding I got watt output on the PC8, but some times it was dropped out.

The Stage PM calibration was working on the PC8 with FW 2.1.8.

I have try with different settings of the ANT continues ,but same result.

I remember this was also a problem with the first FW release to PC8.
I also remember talking with a guy from Srm in Germany that was talking about they have change
the way the PC8 was controlling the Ant signal.
So my question to you is, have you changed anything in FW 2.5.x on handling the Ant+ signal ?
I will forward this message to the develop dept.
thanks.
Hi Simone! I've the same problem with my Power2max PM on my crono bicycle... you could solve the problem in the shortest possible time? thank you
SwRnBk

Post by SwRnBk »

RasmussM wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm HI Simone

Did a bit more investigation today on the topic about connection to a Stage PM.
I have set the WIFI to OFF and then it was possible to calibrate with success, but still got a
bunch of drop out on my training session. It is both power and cadence that is missing.
On the PC8 when it makes this dropout it sometimes shows just a zero and sometimes
just a - sign.
Hi Rasmuss,
I got the same issue with power and cadence loss, but with an older firmware last year.
You got to check in the sensor Page of the PM how strong your powermeter transmit the signal.
If it is below 50% im afraid , but you maybe need to send it back to get it fixed.
The important Value is the : PM RSSI
Hope it Helps
See my screenshot
IMG_6749.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

robterli wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:15 pm
simone wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:49 am
RasmussM wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:03 pm Today I did some test with the new PC8 FW.
First test was with my Cannondale Srm PM, that was working perfect.
Then I tested with my Stage PM I have on my mountainbike I was connected to the PM and Battery status was OK, but it was not possible to make a calibration on the PC8.
when I was riding I got watt output on the PC8, but some times it was dropped out.

The Stage PM calibration was working on the PC8 with FW 2.1.8.

I have try with different settings of the ANT continues ,but same result.

I remember this was also a problem with the first FW release to PC8.
I also remember talking with a guy from Srm in Germany that was talking about they have change
the way the PC8 was controlling the Ant signal.
So my question to you is, have you changed anything in FW 2.5.x on handling the Ant+ signal ?
I will forward this message to the develop dept.
thanks.
Hi Simone! I've the same problem with my Power2max PM on my crono bicycle... you could solve the problem in the shortest possible time? thank you
This issue is already at the firmware developer desk.
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

airsnake

Post by airsnake »

Today I did a ride with 25 Intervalls. The good is that the device count more than 20 Intervalls :D But there is an issue after the 20th Intervall. Every time when I press the set button the drive time will be reset to 1min and the distance to zero. :cry:
In Strava the total distance is the distance from the last interval to the end of the ride also the drive time.
sciak

Post by sciak »

simone wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:58 pm
sciak wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:47 pm Ciao, scusa se mi intrometto..
Volevo solo confermare quello che hai scritto, anch'io oggi prima uscita su strada col nuovo firmware e non c'é stato verso di trovare il GPS..non lo trova mai.
Su sträva invece dopo aver caricato l'attività , risulta un 30 40 minuti più lunga dello stesso file su SRMX..
ciao, per favore indicami, anche te come ho detto al precente post, il settaggio del GPS.
grazie!
Ciao, ho provato due settaggi, 1s e 5s e con nessuno dei 2 si era riuscito a connettere, la velocità invece era settata su ANT+.
Comunque, una volta a casa, scaricato il file ecc, l'ho messo in balcone con una nuova attività avviata, e dopo un paio di minuti si é connesso al GPS (settato su 5s).
Grazie mille.
Spawer

Post by Spawer »

Ciao a tutti , ho riprovato oggi ,ma niente il segnale gps non ne vuole sapere , ho riprovato più volte a impostare come con nel post dedicato . domani riprovo , che tramite device agent ho selezionato l'impostazione "calibrazione altitudine durante la corsa " vediamo un po. Poi in strava l'orario di partenza e diverso da quello reale , può essere perché non cera segnale gps?? grazie.
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

SwRnBk wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 am

I have set the WIFI to OFF and then it was possible to calibrate with success, but still got a
bunch of drop out on my training session. It is both power and cadence that is missing.
On the PC8 when it makes this dropout it sometimes shows just a zero and sometimes
just a - sign.
Hi Rasmuss,
I got the same issue with power and cadence loss, but with an older firmware last year.
You got to check in the sensor Page of the PM how strong your powermeter transmit the signal.
If it is below 50% im afraid , but you maybe need to send it back to get it fixed.
Hope it Helps
See my screenshotIMG_6749.jpg
HI robterli

I will see on next training, but as it has worked with PC8 firmware 2.1.8 I also expect it to work with a newer one.
Simone has already sent it to the dev. team.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:00 pm
SwRnBk wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:25 am

just a - sign.
Hi Rasmuss,
Hope it Helps
See my screenshotIMG_6749.jpg
HI robterli

I will see on next training, but as it has worked with PC8 firmware 2.1.8 I also expect it to work with a newer one.
Simone has already sent it to the dev. team.
A new firmware is available right now for download. Please test it and let us know.
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

armalite44

Post by armalite44 »

simone wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:46 pm
armalite44 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:52 pm Hi,
A few days ago I posted that I've got a problem with GPS acquisition (no GPS at all indeed) with the new firmware so I try and try again (resetting gps following your instructions) and... nothing... no GPS.
Now the stranger thing, I roll back to PowerControl_8_Firmware_rev_2_1_8 and... direct GPS acquisition.
I'm a quite lost.
Thx
This sounds strange, but I am forwarding your case to the firmware developer.
One important this, since the firmware 2.1.8 had the GPS in a different place than the new one. Are you sure you settled up the correct GPS value into each bike profile?
I noticed the change of disposition in the PC8DeviceAgent interface and I was using 1s sampling. But no GPS with the new firmware
Preben

Post by Preben »

Hi Simone

I filled out the form to have my PC8 whitelisted as a part of the beta program, but i dont get the SRM BETA area enabled in my Device Agent V.2.3.215. My S/N is 01226.

Hope you can fix it.

Thanks Preben