PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
Pete Graham

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by Pete Graham »

Hi, I have had the same issue with calibration request failing.

I am running a power2max power meter. Was working fine prior to update but cannot now manual zero.

Doesnt affect readings or operation as power2max auto zero's anyway.

Pete
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Pete Graham wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:38 pm Hi, I have had the same issue with calibration request failing.

I am running a power2max power meter. Was working fine prior to update but cannot now manual zero.

Doesnt affect readings or operation as power2max auto zero's anyway.

Pete
we will check, thanks
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

Sorvoll

Post by Sorvoll »

PC8 has a list with saved screen-shots and the oldest is on the top of the list, the newest is at the bottom of the list. Activities are listed with the newest at the top and the oldest at the bottom. I would prefer to have the newest screen-shots at the top of the list, the same way as activities.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Guidobrac wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:43 pm Ciao Simone,
just did my first ride with the new firmware.
Everything looks good, including the file download to TP etc.
However a couple of issues:
-during the ride the climb grade jumped a couple of times to high values (for example 23% rather than the correct grade which was 14%)
-there is a discrepancy between the values listed in the PC8 screen data summary at the end of the ride, and the data listed on the SRMX after the file download. For example the distance on the SRMX was 146km instead of 150km, the ascent was 3682mt instead of 3487, also the energy, cadence and speed are higher on the PC8.
Any idea why this is happening?
Grazie
Regarding the grade, please keep an eye on next time
Regarding SRMX please read others posts. It is already discusses
Thanks Guido!
Ing. Simone Stilli

Bryancm1

Post by Bryancm1 »

I have used the new FW and wifi uploads on my last 4 rides. So far, everything has worked perfect. I have the new DA SRM PM and PC8. I have 3 different WiFi networks configured for the different locations I finish my rides as well as my iPhone hotspot. All have worked for the upload so far. Really liking this new feature. I'll start digging deeper into the other new features over the next week or so.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Bryancm1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:01 pm I have used the new FW and wifi uploads on my last 4 rides. So far, everything has worked perfect. I have the new DA SRM PM and PC8. I have 3 different WiFi networks configured for the different locations I finish my rides as well as my iPhone hotspot. All have worked for the upload so far. Really liking this new feature. I'll start digging deeper into the other new features over the next week or so.
We love this kind of feedbacks! :lol:
Ing. Simone Stilli

RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

HI Simone

Did a bit more investigation today on the topic about connection to a Stage PM.
I have set the WIFI to OFF and then it was possible to calibrate with success, but still got a
bunch of drop out on my training session. It is both power and cadence that is missing.
On the PC8 when it makes this dropout it sometimes shows just a zero and sometimes
just a - sign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tillquist

Post by Tillquist »

I have noticed that there are differences in how tranings file and screen shots shown in history.

Training ride appears as the newest is at the top of page 1 of the story, it's great

Screen Shots appears as the newest is lower on the side page in history, it is bad

It will be super good, if also screenshots displayed as the latest image is always at the top of page 1 of history

Is it possible to change it?
D e n m a r k

Use Image with Power2max Type-S and Power2max NG power meter.
Tillquist

Post by Tillquist »

I also noticed another thing about screenshots

When I saver file is a .bmp file, but I can not open it in Photoshop CS6, the program writes the error.

But if I rename screenshots image to .png file so I can upload the file to Photoshop CS6

Is it possible to change the screenshot file will be a .png for the future?
D e n m a r k

Use Image with Power2max Type-S and Power2max NG power meter.
webrab

Post by webrab »

Hi,

would it be possible to add the feature to have more than 4 bike profiles?

Thanks, Ralf.