PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
robterli

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by robterli »

Ciao Simone. Ieri pomeriggio ho notato un periodo di latenza troppo lungo (diverse ore) prima di ricevere la mail con il file fit allegato. E ho notato che è arrivato da un indirizzo diverso. È tutto ok?
Grazie
tommyzsak

Post by tommyzsak »

I use a Garmin HR and have not had any pairing issues with the new firmware- it paired automatically.
Attila

Post by Attila »

simone wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:45 pm
RasmussM wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm I am using a brand new( 2-3 week old) ant+ HR Belt from Garmin and I need to seach for it on evry ride.
The nummer on The HR belt is set correct in The PC8, but it dont get data from The beging
Of a new ride and this was NOT The case before, previus FW, Then it had work from The beginimg on
Evry ride.
This is nice to know because part of the hr ant+ module is re-written.
Normally as soon as you re-pair once should work.
You mean that you need to re-pair every time?
Are there any other people having this problem in the forum?
Nope I have no issues with Garmin HR belt. Even with multiple firmware updates I have not needed to re-pair with PC8.
Attila

Post by Attila »

simone wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:45 pm
bdaghisallo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm Why does it take so long for the PC8 to find the GPS signal? I have never had it take less than three to five minutes. My wife has a cheap Garmin watch she uses for running and it acquires a GPS signal in no more than ten seconds. I stand on the same spot in my front yard as she does and my PC8 takes many minutes usually.
If you are around last point should be quick.
We try to minimise the GPS energy to save battery, this is why we are running more than 10hr.
We think is more important allow long battery time than wait 2 minutes to get the GPS.
I have had similar GPS lock times around 2-3 minutes, but now knowing the reasoning behind slower acquisition it makes sense and definitely more of a positive to have longer battery life. :)
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

simone wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 pm
RasmussM wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:47 pm If WIFI is active On the PC8 and you have finish a ride and then rest this ride so it moves to the history archive , the PC8
is asking, do you want to upload the ride, but if WIFI is NOT active you don't get the question about the upload, would
it be possible to make so you get the question would you like to activate WIFI and upload the ride, and then the PC8 will
activate WIFI and deactivate automatic after upload is done.
Is this possible to make ?
The wifi activates ONLY at the end of the ride or when you ask an upload by the history (activity or screenshot).
This because the WiFi takes sooooooo much energy I only make active when is needed.
If WiFi is disabled I will never ask you at the end of the ride if you want to upload or not.
I hope this was the question.
I also always have WIFI set to OFF.
So from my point of view it could be smart if the PC8 ask you to set WIFI ON ad the end of a ride.
But right now you new to go through many menu, and this could be nice to have a short cut, when a ride was
ended and you want to upload, and when the upload was done the PC8 by it self had set the WIFI to OFF again.
I fully agree that WIFI shall be set to OFF always, except when upload is running.

Hope you get my point.
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

RasmussM wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm I am using a brand new( 2-3 week old) ant+ HR Belt from Garmin and I need to seach for it on evry ride.
The nummer on The HR belt is set correct in The PC8, but it dont get data from The beging
Of a new ride and this was NOT The case before, previus FW, Then it had work from The beginimg on
Evry ride.
Yesterday on my ride it was not a problem, but all rides before this it was, and then I have read that the ANT+ code was
complete re-written, so my guess was that here was something wrong.
But let me check on my ride this weekend and let you know status.
I have miss the focus when my ride was with what firmware, so the HR problems might have been with
PC8 FW version 2.5.3 and yesterdays ride was with FW version 2.5.4
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

Evry ride.
That was also I have read the code for ant+ was complete re-written, but now where are asking about other in forum
might have this problem, I might be my problem was with PC FW 2.5.3 because yesterday before my ride I updated to
FW 2.5.4, so let me test again this weekend and let you know then.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:00 am
simone wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:41 pm
RasmussM wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:47 pm If WIFI is active On the PC8 and you have finish a ride and then rest this ride so it moves to the history archive , the PC8
is asking, do you want to upload the ride, but if WIFI is NOT active you don't get the question about the upload, would
it be possible to make so you get the question would you like to activate WIFI and upload the ride, and then the PC8 will
activate WIFI and deactivate automatic after upload is done.
Is this possible to make ?
The wifi activates ONLY at the end of the ride or when you ask an upload by the history (activity or screenshot).
This because the WiFi takes sooooooo much energy I only make active when is needed.
If WiFi is disabled I will never ask you at the end of the ride if you want to upload or not.
I hope this was the question.
I also always have WIFI set to OFF.
So from my point of view it could be smart if the PC8 ask you to set WIFI ON ad the end of a ride.
But right now you new to go through many menu, and this could be nice to have a short cut, when a ride was
ended and you want to upload, and when the upload was done the PC8 by it self had set the WIFI to OFF again.
I fully agree that WIFI shall be set to OFF always, except when upload is running.
Hope you get my point.
Here is how does actually works (and I think is what you suggest):

CASE A) if WiFi is ENABLED by the menu this means:
WiFi is ALWAYS DEACTIVATED except:
1) end of the ride the PC8 ask you to upload and you press YES (than I activate the WiFi module)
2) when you go to the history menu and you press UPLOAD
In those cases the WiFi module switch ON for ONLY the time needed to upload data

CASE B) if WiFi is DISABLED
1) At the end of your ride the PC8 DOES NOT ask you to upload (since the interface is not active)
2) you cannot upload by the history menu since the module is not active
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:08 am
Evry ride.
Yesterday on my ride it was not a problem, but all rides before this it was, and then I have read that the ANT+ code was
complete re-written, so my guess was that here was something wrong.
But let me check on my ride this weekend and let you know status.
I have miss the focus when my ride was with what firmware, so the HR problems might have been with
PC8 FW version 2.5.3 and yesterdays ride was with FW version 2.5.4
Yes, please be sure running 2.5.4.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Attila wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:32 am
Evry ride.
Nope I have no issues with Garmin HR belt. Even with multiple firmware updates I have not needed to re-pair with PC8.
Thanks for the info... generally you don't need to re-pair but this is in function of the ANT stack. Can happen.
Ing. Simone Stilli