PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
simone
Site Admin

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by simone »

amesser325 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:38 am
simone wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 am
amesser325 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 am Running Firmware 2.5.4, it took about 20 min to acquire GPS signal on a sunny day. Typical is 2-3 min. For what it's worth I used a different profile yesterday that has GPS turned off. I ended up stopping to see if that helped. I could not remember the procedure for GPS reset so I just gave up. As I looked down when rolling out from the stop I noticed it had acquired signal and stayed that way the rest of the ride.
When reviewing the ride via Today's Plan it showed negative altitude for the period when it hadn't acquired signal then back to normal once locked. I referred back to yesterday's trainer/no GPS ride and saw it had a 40ft decay in altitude over the course of the ride (~1:20h). I was in my basement and in the past it has occasionally been able to acquire a GPS signal though typically it can't lock and pops up with the option to continue searching or stop.
I'll keep my eye on it over the next several rides and report back with any issues.
Thanks,
Andy
Thanks! Let us know.
That behavior seems to be a one-off. It took just a few min today to lock on to GPS, and I would say a similar situation: Yesterday's ride was with my 'Trainer' profile with GPS disabled, and the previous ride to that was an outside ride on a profile that has GPS enabled. For what it's worth, the ride that took ~20 min to lock GPS was preceded by, in reverse order, trainer, trainer, trainer, outside rides.
Thanks,
Andy
Thanks Andy, did you read this? http://www.srmservice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14
If you are riding inside and the GPS is off the altitude is only calibrated by the air pressure, and is for sure different from outside the next day.
The next day, when you ride outside and the pressure is different the PC8 cannot measure accurate the altitude if he cannot get the GPS (because the base value can be wrong).
You need to:
1) get the GPS or 2) adjust manually the altitude
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

bdaghisallo

Post by bdaghisallo »

Why does it take so long for the PC8 to find the GPS signal? I have never had it take less than three to five minutes. My wife has a cheap Garmin watch she uses for running and it acquires a GPS signal in no more than ten seconds. I stand on the same spot in my front yard as she does and my PC8 takes many minutes usually.
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

bdaghisallo wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm Why does it take so long for the PC8 to find the GPS signal? I have never had it take less than three to five minutes. My wife has a cheap Garmin watch she uses for running and it acquires a GPS signal in no more than ten seconds. I stand on the same spot in my front yard as she does and my PC8 takes many minutes usually.
If you are around last point should be quick.
We try to minimise the GPS energy to save battery, this is why we are running more than 10hr.
We think is more important allow long battery time than wait 2 minutes to get the GPS.
Ing. Simone Stilli

RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

If WIFI is active On the PC8 and you have finish a ride and then rest this ride so it moves to the history archive , the PC8
is asking, do you want to upload the ride, but if WIFI is NOT active you don't get the question about the upload, would
it be possible to make so you get the question would you like to activate WIFI and upload the ride, and then the PC8 will
activate WIFI and deactivate automatic after upload is done.

Is this possible to make ?
armalite44

Post by armalite44 »

Hi there,

GPS acquisition take 5 minutes on my PC8 same delay as my Garmin 810.

Could we expect in the future a navigation system ?

Thx,

Christophe
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:47 pm If WIFI is active On the PC8 and you have finish a ride and then rest this ride so it moves to the history archive , the PC8
is asking, do you want to upload the ride, but if WIFI is NOT active you don't get the question about the upload, would
it be possible to make so you get the question would you like to activate WIFI and upload the ride, and then the PC8 will
activate WIFI and deactivate automatic after upload is done.
Is this possible to make ?
The wifi activates ONLY at the end of the ride or when you ask an upload by the history (activity or screenshot).
This because the WiFi takes sooooooo much energy I only make active when is needed.
If WiFi is disabled I will never ask you at the end of the ride if you want to upload or not.
I hope this was the question.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

armalite44 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:35 pm Hi there,
GPS acquisition take 5 minutes on my PC8 same delay as my Garmin 810.
Could we expect in the future a navigation system ?
Thx,
Christophe
We are thinking making something basic, but right now is still not defined and programmed.
The work now is about the upload server and maybe next step is opening the Bluetooth interface for online data and mobile app.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm I am using a brand new( 2-3 week old) ant+ HR Belt from Garmin and I need to seach for it on evry ride.
The nummer on The HR belt is set correct in The PC8, but it dont get data from The beging
Of a new ride and this was NOT The case before, previus FW, Then it had work from The beginimg on
Evry ride.
This is nice to know because part of the hr ant+ module is re-written.
Normally as soon as you re-pair once should work.
You mean that you need to re-pair every time?
Are there any other people having this problem in the forum?
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

Boby_arch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 am hi
I still can not find where to download the nuw PC8 firmware
pls hellp
By the device agent, like the first time!
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

RasmussM wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:44 pm AS written before Cal. With 3.rd paraty PM sems to work, but Will The crank length
Setting going to work, or is a problem in example AS mine Stage?
Is The crank lenght for using With a Srm PM?
Cranks length is needed for powermter that requires this measure, like pedals.
When the calibration process does not need the cranks length this parameter is disabled.
Ing. Simone Stilli