PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
simone
Site Admin

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by simone »

Boby_arch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 am hi
I still can not find where to download the nuw PC8 firmware
pls hellp
Please write what DA version you have, what firmware, and send a screenshot of your logs
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

Tillquist

Post by Tillquist »

Boby_arch wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 am hi
I still can not find where to download the nuw PC8 firmware
pls hellp
The latest firmware comes on automatically when the connecting PC8 to DA
D e n m a r k

Use Image with Power2max Type-S and Power2max NG power meter.
Guidobrac

Data discrepancy PC8/SRMX

Post by Guidobrac »

Ciao Simone,
I tried 20 times with outdoor and indoor rides, but I still have the same problem:
-Once I download the data from the PC8 to theSRMX software the data do not match:
Average power is way lower on the SRMX software compared to the data on the PC8.
Same for altitude, km, energy, etc etc.
It is not a problem of data being read by a different software (such as Cheetah or Garmin Connect) since I am downloading directly from a SRM PC8 to the SRMX software.
Any idea? Am I the only one with this problem?
Thanks
Guido
simone
Site Admin

Re: Data discrepancy PC8/SRMX

Post by simone »

Guidobrac wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:26 pm Ciao Simone,
I tried 20 times with outdoor and indoor rides, but I still have the same problem:
-Once I download the data from the PC8 to theSRMX software the data do not match:
Average power is way lower on the SRMX software compared to the data on the PC8.
It is not a problem of data being read by a different software (such as Cheetah or Garmin Connect) since I am downloading directly from a SRM PC8 to the SRMX software.
Thanks
Guido
Way to different means? Can you give me an example? You can have differences but not much. Let me know. But before be sure you have the latest SRMX too!
Ing. Simone Stilli

bdaghisallo

Post by bdaghisallo »

simone wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Thanks
Guido
Way to different means? Can you give me an example? You can have differences but not much. Let me know. But before be sure you have the latest SRMX too!
Could it be a case of the PC8 displaying power without zeros and SRMX calculating power and cadence and such with zeros included?
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

bdaghisallo wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:14 pm
simone wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Thanks
Guido
Could it be a case of the PC8 displaying power without zeros and SRMX calculating power and cadence and such with zeros included?
how are you displaying data by PC8?
did you read the SRMX developer answer to your question? We already discussed a week ago.
Ing. Simone Stilli

eduriz

Post by eduriz »

eduriz wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:04 pm
simone wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:05 am
eduriz wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:34 am

Ciao ho riprovato ma questi giorni sempre avuto di nuovo problemi con il sensore cardio. X escludere che sia la facia ho portato dietra anche un garmin 820 e li non avevo nessun problema. Veniva rilevata subito e senza sbalzi.
Oggi ho installato il FirmWare 2.5.4 e ti darò info se cambia qualcosa!
ciao
edi
Perfetto!
Tutto funziona ecetto di nuovo il problema con facia cardio garmin, domani provo con il sensore srm con la stessa fascia e ti farò sapre.
x il resto tutto ok con FW 2.5.4 upload ecc. tutto ok GPS mi sembra piu veloce!
ciao
edi
Ciao ho fatto altro test oggi (ieri cera il diluvio qui!) Stessa fascia ma sensore SRM-Cardio.
No problem, dopo il paring ha funzionato subito! Sembra essere definitivamente qualcosa con Sensore Cardio Garmin.

ciao
edi
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

I am using a brand new( 2-3 week old) ant+ HR Belt from Garmin and I need to seach for it on evry ride.
The nummer on The HR belt is set correct in The PC8, but it dont get data from The beging
Of a new ride and this was NOT The case before, previus FW, Then it had work from The beginimg on
Evry ride.
RasmussM

Post by RasmussM »

AS written before Cal. With 3.rd paraty PM sems to work, but Will The crank length
Setting going to work, or is a problem in example AS mine Stage?
Is The crank lenght for using With a Srm PM?
amesser325

Post by amesser325 »

simone wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:06 am
amesser325 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:42 am Running Firmware 2.5.4, it took about 20 min to acquire GPS signal on a sunny day. Typical is 2-3 min. For what it's worth I used a different profile yesterday that has GPS turned off. I ended up stopping to see if that helped. I could not remember the procedure for GPS reset so I just gave up. As I looked down when rolling out from the stop I noticed it had acquired signal and stayed that way the rest of the ride.

When reviewing the ride via Today's Plan it showed negative altitude for the period when it hadn't acquired signal then back to normal once locked. I referred back to yesterday's trainer/no GPS ride and saw it had a 40ft decay in altitude over the course of the ride (~1:20h). I was in my basement and in the past it has occasionally been able to acquire a GPS signal though typically it can't lock and pops up with the option to continue searching or stop.

I'll keep my eye on it over the next several rides and report back with any issues.

Thanks,

Andy
Thanks! Let us know.
That behavior seems to be a one-off. It took just a few min today to lock on to GPS, and I would say a similar situation: Yesterday's ride was with my 'Trainer' profile with GPS disabled, and the previous ride to that was an outside ride on a profile that has GPS enabled. For what it's worth, the ride that took ~20 min to lock GPS was preceded by, in reverse order, trainer, trainer, trainer, outside rides.

Thanks,

Andy