PC8 firmware: news - novità

🇺🇸 This forum ONLY contains issues related to the PC8 Firmware 2.5.x
🇮🇹 Questo forum contiene SOLO problematiche relative al firmware 2.5.x del PowerControl8
simone
Site Admin

Re: PC8 firmware: news - novità

Post by simone »

webrab wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:44 am Hi,
since I have updated the FW to 2.5.x I cannot see PowerBalance in TrainingPeaks anymore.
I have tried it with 2 different Quarq PMs. Not tested it yet with my SRM PM on my road-bike.
If I'm using the data-field Leistungs-Balance on the PC8, the value is overtime 50-50%
/ralf
Ciao, 2.5.x means 2.5.0 or 2.5.1?
Ing. Simone Stilli
Responsabile SRM Italia - Software Developer

eduriz

Post by eduriz »

Version 2.5.1 installed no problems. Test ride later this day!

ciao
edi
SeñorStark

Post by SeñorStark »

Today i check the connection between the PC8 FW 2.5.1 and a Rotor Inpower Crank.
The connection works and the crank size setting too. The calibration works sometimes.
The most wonderment is the extremely high calibration value of 65457, by comparison my Garmin Edge 820 have the calibration value 80.
With the calibration value of 65457 the PC8 shows some power output, but i don't now how correct they are and between the first paddling an the first power values is a time gap between 5-10 sek. After I have stopped it shows me over the same duration still values.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tunney

Post by tunney »

I've encountered two problems with 2.5.0

1) If I do a zero offset mid ride the power will display as zero until I cycle through all screens
2) Satellite pickups seem slower
simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

tunney wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:51 am I've encountered two problems with 2.5.0

1) If I do a zero offset mid ride the power will display as zero until I cycle through all screens
2) Satellite pickups seem slower
Since 2.5.1 is out, please refer to this.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

eduriz wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 am Version 2.5.1 installed no problems. Test ride later this day!
ciao
edi
Super!
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Post by simone »

SeñorStark wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:50 am Today i check the connection between the PC8 FW 2.5.1 and a Rotor Inpower Crank.
The connection works and the crank size setting too. The calibration works sometimes.
The most wonderment is the extremely high calibration value of 65457, by comparison my Garmin Edge 820 have the calibration value 80.
With the calibration value of 65457 the PC8 shows some power output, but i don't now how correct they are and between the first paddling an the first power values is a time gap between 5-10 sek. After I have stopped it shows me over the same duration still values.
We will check. Thanks.
Ing. Simone Stilli

simone
Site Admin

Re: PC8 firmware - feature request

Post by simone »

OlyEST wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:05 pm I would like to request the option when choosing power zones/level on PC, or in SRMX software, to choose Coggan iLevels.

Seems this would benefit both coaches and self-coached athletes alike.

More information on iLevels can be found here:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/arti ... ls-in-wko4

and here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTYE1VZewgc

thanks,
Thanks for your feedback. Regarding the iLevels we need to plan since the training zones are into the PC8 too and right now we can menage max 7.
The request is under discussion.
Ing. Simone Stilli

marco.m

Post by marco.m »

Ho notato che lasciando fare il rilevamento della velocità al gps, rispetto al vecchio firmware(pre-beta tester) la velocità visualizzata è spesso sottostimata..
mentre prima accadeva solo sul strade molto molto coperte adesso la velocità viene sottostimata anche in strade più normali( con alberi dalle parti ma nn coperte)..
il rilevamento dei km totali invece è esatto(confrontato con pc7+sensore ant+)
KC HUNG

Post by KC HUNG »

HI Simone

In the new firmware 2.5.x I also found the problem on the GPS

PC8 display Charging power was 70-80%,can not reach 100%

At 2.17 23:33:28 start riding 24 minutes 23 seconds paused. when I started a new ride and found no power meter,I tried to connect the power meter many times, but I failed to connect the power meter.
(Note:My SRM Power meter starts for about 140 hours)

These tow days I have several times with PC8 and Garmin equipment try to connect the power meter, the same connection is not on the power meter

https://youtu.be/RVOBA9Y4GpM
PC8 connection power meter

https://youtu.be/0DEpZBzYnUA
Garmin device connection power meter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.